The Simulation and Optimization (S&O) team at SandboxQA has a new opening for a methods developer in their Drug Discovery team. This person’s responsibilities will be at the interface between software and next-generation methods development in quantum, AI, and physics-based methods like molecular dynamics (MD) and free energy perturbation (FEP). The scientist will be joining a seasoned multi-disciplinary group including drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery, computational chemists, physicists, AI experts, and software engineers.
- Develop computational solutions to address unmet drug discovery needs.
- Work both independently and with the S&O AQ development team to solve research questions for next-generation technologies in drug discovery.
- Maintain and improve existing drug discovery methods and software.
- Use best coding practices and planning tools to raise issues and resolve tickets.
- Present findings and progress in MD, FEP, molecular docking, quantum, and AI methods to an interdisciplinary team and external collaborators.
- Apply your expertise in small molecule or biologics modeling to drive methods development decisions.
- Work in close collaboration with AI experts and cross-functional teams to prototype and scale cutting-edge, impactful drug design solutions.
- This is an opportunity to directly contribute to the discovery of novel innovative medicines by developing computational chemistry techniques that will support experienced multidisciplinary drug hunters.
MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION LINK