OpenEye Scientific, an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
We have an opening for a highly motivated Scientific Software Developer to conduct research and develop software aimed at developing drugs that modulate protein-protein interactions. We are seeking a candidate with experience in molecular modeling and simulation of macromolecular systems. You will be an integral member of a team working to advance an integrative simulation pipeline. You will have the joint responsibility for developing tools and protocols to predict and simulate protein-protein recognition sites by incorporating key pieces of experimental data from various experimental techniques.
We recommend adding a link to your GitHub account if available, or any other forms of relevant code snippets.
What you will do:
- Join a group of mostly PhD-level scientists and developers who are driven to build the next generation of biomolecular modeling software
- Develop scientific software, focused on predicting and modeling protein-protein complex interactions and ways to modulate complex formation
- Help develop an integrative modeling platform that leverages both structure and genomics.
- Perform cutting edge cloud computing in Orion at unprecedented scale
- Write state-of-the-art scientific software tools for drug discovery, e.g. tools to processes vast quantities of experimental and simulation data
- Help customers solve problems
- Stay on top of scientific literature enabling you to be at the cutting edge of scientific and technological developments.
- Be part of a diverse team of researchers whose contributions will have a significant impact on the entire pharmaceutical/therapeutics field
What you should have:
- A PhD in (Computational) Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related field
- Experience developing in modern scientific languages (Python/C++/etc.)
- Good people/communication skills and enthusiasm for working as a part of a team
- Ability to work under a development schedule, balancing features with delivery
- Working knowledge of contemporary computational chemistry methods and techniques
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Have made contributions to a larger code base
- Experience with protein structure and function
- Experience with regular and/or enhanced molecular dynamics simulations
- Experience with protein-protein docking
- Experience with bioinformatics algorithms and next-generation sequencing data
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks
- Experience with commercial modelling software and workflow packages
- Experience collaborating with experimental chemists and/or biologists.
What we use:
- Python, C++, Java, C#
- cmake, swig, git, Jupyter, conda, pip, Atlassian tools: JIRA, bitbucket, Fisheye
- Multi-platform development environment
- Multiple MD engines and packages
- Orion: A cloud-platform for high-performance scientific computing
Benefits: OpenEye is passionate about the welfare of its employees and offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, flexible working schedule, 401k retirement plans, paid vacation, paid sick leave, home internet costs, public transportation reimbursement, fitness allowance, and much more.
Use THIS LINK to apply.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.