OpenEye Scientific, an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
Over the last eight years, OpenEye Scientific has developed the field’s most advanced large-scale compute platform, Orion, built on Amazon Web Services. In this position, you will be working at the cutting edge of cloud computing, Python development and advanced MD simulation techniques, for the purpose of CryoEM 3D density map reconstruction and refinement. Your work will have the potential to make a major impact in both drug discovery and structural biology.
You will join a group of mostly PhD-level scientists and developers who are driven to build the next generation of biomolecular simulation and 3D structure refinement software, a group that excels in code optimization, molecular theory and the scientific process. We are also professional developers who enjoy discussing our science and the state and direction of the field.
OpenEye Scientific has been a leader in the computational chemistry industry for over twenty years and provides a wide range of products for designing new and better medicines. We are widely recognized for the care we take with our science, our software and the people who work for us.
What you should have:
• Master’s or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Computational Biology or related field
• 3 or more years experience using Python programming
• Strong background in CryoEM 3D map reconstruction or protein structure refinement
• Good people/communication skills and ability to work as a part of a team
• Desire to continually learn best practices in scientific development
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
• Contributor to major scientific code base related to MD simulation, CryoEM 3D density map reconstruction and refinement, image process, or ab initio all-atom model building
• 1 or more years experience with enhanced sampling MD simulations
• Ability to work under a development schedule, balancing features with delivery
OpenEye is passionate about the welfare of its employees and offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, flexible working schedule, 401k retirement plans, paid vacation, paid sick leave, home internet costs, public transportation reimbursement, fitness allowance, and much more.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document.
Use THIS LINK for more information and to apply.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.