The Computational Software Engineer (CSE) is a member of the Computational Platforms (CP) group in the WRD Solutions organization. In CP our mission is to create technology solutions that enable scientists to bring medicines to patients. These solutions accomplish this by streamlining scientific workflows, creating powerful computational analysis tools, and by integrating important commercial solutions into Pfizer.
The CSE plays a key role in meeting our mission by carrying out all aspects of solutions delivery from conversations with the scientists to understand the need, to developing the solution, to deploying and supporting the solution. To accomplish this the CSE must have a broad array of technical and scientific expertise, excellent communication skills, and a solid commitment to engineering best practices.
With some oversight this role:
- Works individually or with project teams as an individual contributor to design, prototype, implement and unit test software solutions in support of the Research & Development organization.
- Helps to translate a perceived need into a conceptual solution.
- Translates conceptual solutions into physical designs, considering the target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Helps produce detailed design specifications where applicable, and documents all work using required standards, methods, and tools, including prototyping tools, where appropriate.
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications as appropriate.
- Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software. Also deploys and supports the software in some cases.
- Work in a matrix, team environment with Pfizer colleagues as well as vendor partners.
- Contributes to the group’s evolving best practices.
- Stays on top of important new technologies since our technology landscape is always shifting.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in a technical field such as Information Technology or Life Sciences, Software Engineering, Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other engineering discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer/engineer
Capabilities and Experience:
- Demonstrated technical leadership (lead developer, tech lead, architect, etc)
- A combination of technical and scientific education/experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop multi-tiered solutions, including client, server, and user interface components, in an OOP programming language including Java, .Net, C#, Python, etc; C++ experience is preferred.
- Experience with a cheminformatics toolkit, e.g. RDKit, OEChem, is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand data and integration architectures to manage, transform, and exploit data across the enterprise
- Demonstrated experience and skills in analysis and problem solving
- Facilitation, negotiating, and presentation skills
- Experience working in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated experience using standard requirements business analysis techniques, including brainstorming, interviewing, requirements sessions, activity diagrams and use cases desired
- Demonstrated experience and/or demonstrated competencies either informally or formally contributing on various-size teams of technologists, IT professionals or project managers using Agile, DevOps, and other approaches for iterative development
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings, frequently in virtual teams with client partner and customer engagement responsibilities
- Demonstrated capability to understand security requirements, and using the frameworks and tools the organization has put in place to meet those requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick to establish trust and respect
- Action oriented and energetic
- Resourceful and creative
- Persistent and determined
- Mature and cool under pressure
- Easily makes connections
- Reads situations quickly
- Commitment and follow through
Use THIS LINK to apply.